Dr. Javed Iqbal Wani
Assistant Professor , School of Law, Governance and Citizenship
MA (2007-2009) and M.Phil.(2009-2011) from Center for Political Studies(CPS), Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) New Delhi.
PhD (2012-2016) from Department of History, Royal Holloway, University of London, United Kingdom.
- Guest Faculty (2011-2012) at the Department of Political Science, Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Guest Faculty (2016-2017) at the Nelson Mandela Center for Peace and Conflict Resolution (NMCPCR). Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
- Visiting Lecturer (2014-2016) at the Department of History, Royal Holloway, University of London, United Kingdom.
My Zone / Area of Expertise
I am interested in History(ies), Culture(s) & Politics of South Aisa, particularly India. My broad research interests are around issues pertaining to the nature of State, operations of Ideology, terrains of violence and configurations of resistance. Currently interested in issues such as 'law making and law enforcing', 'governmentality', 'surveillance' and 'state of exception'.
- "A Burkean Sensibility" published in Biblio, ISSN NO. 0971-8982, Jan- March Issue, 2017.
- Book chapter titled "British Colonialism, Authority and the Framework of 'Order' in Nineteenth century Colonial India"in the edited Volume Commanding Words: Essays on the Discursive Constructions, Manifestations and Subversion of Authority, edited by Dr. Lynda Chouiten, Published by Cambridge Scholars Publishing (may 2016) ISBN (13): 978-1-4438-8880-6.
- "Court of Last Resort" published in Biblio ISSN No. 0971-8982, May 2016.
- Review of "Nation-State and Minority Rights in India: comparative perspectives on Muslim and Sikh identities" by Tanweer Fazal in INternational Journal of South Asian History and Culture (Taylor & Francis), June 26, 2015.
- Review of "Kafkaland: Prejudice, Law and Counter-terrorism in India"by Manisha Sethi in Contemporary South Asia (Taylor and Francis), Vol 24, Issue: 01